Sunday, October 30, 2011

How to Make Brownies 101

Each year we have three German Interns come to Interface for 10 months as part of the Free Social Year program in Germany.  They're trained in different areas of maintenance around campus (electrical, woodworking, mechanics, etc.) and are also involved in some discipleship with the Interfac staff men.  This year Jonny, Diemo (Dee-mo), and Marco have joined our Interface family and we love having them around!  A great benefit to all of us is how well they all knew English before the came.  Every year I think, "THIS is the year I learn German!"  And although I'm picking up bits and pieces here and there I've got a loooong way to go. 

Another area we like to teach the guys in is cooking, since for many of our interns this is their first time away from home.  My co-worker Beth (the chef here at Inteface) and her husband Jacob have taken on this task and once in a while I'm invited to enjoy whatever meal the guys have concocted.  This particular day they were learning how to make chicken fingers and potato wedges...some good North Amercian food.  I have to laugh when the German guys call chocolate chip cookies "American Cookies." :)

A first for Diemo - homemade brownies.  They were good!

Jacob always takes it upon himself to teach anyone wanting to learn the fine art of Smoothie making.  I have to admit, he's got talent and I wish I had taken notes.  Here he used pineapple, papaya, lemon, vanilla, yogurt, milk and bananas. 


Time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)