Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thrifting into 32

 Nothing says "birthday" like a day of 2nd handing, so most of the Interface staff ladies helped me celebrate by rooting through clothes all day.  I ran up to the gate to have it open for the truck and had a few minutes to enjoy the view while I waited.  The scenery here makes me thank the Lord almost daily for allowing me to work and live in a place like this.

 I opened the back door to jump in the truck and had to laugh.  The kids are driven 20 minutes to school each day and us ladies decided to squish in with them on the way to town.  I'm still not sure how we fit 18 of us in there.  A bunch of ladies desperate for shopping are capable of anything I guess.

One of our favorite thrift stores, aptly named Hamamas (Happy).  With prices as cheap as they are here (like 50 cents for a shirt or $2.50 for jeans) it's easy to go overboard, but it's fun to find nice clothes when the nearest mall is a 1 1/2 hour flight away.
 
 Levi wasn't as happy as we were about this whole shopping thing.


On the way home we passed hundreds of kids walking along the highway on their way home from school.  Most of these kids are carrying shovels for some kind of work they had to do at school.  Some days you'll see them each carrying a fence post, other days bunches of dried roofing grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)