Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Idolatry of Missions

"Missionaries are like the church’s Special Forces, right? They go into enemy territory, sometimes covertly, tearing down walls for Jesus. They have special training, preparing them to serve in the darkest places around the globe. Missionaries are on the front lines of the Kingdom of Heaven, right? I’m sorry, but no."

This is an excerpt from an article I recently came across from the website A Life Overseas, and I cannot tell you how badly I wish I could have (as an overseas missionary myself) articulated these same thoughts about the idolized missionary many times over!  It was too good not to share, so grab a cuppa, if you'd like, and take a few minutes to read the whole article. 

>>> The Idolatry of Missions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! :)